Re: Glucose Test with Glucomater

Tamara, you want the glucose and insulin from the same blood draw.

I use a human glucometer. The results have been within ± 5 mg/dl of the Cornell glucose. It isn't a money saver once your vet gets the hang of handling these blood samples. You can get a glucose testing kit for $20 on Amazon. The trick is finding new test strips for a no-name glucometer after the initial supply expires. If you're thinking about buying one, my advice is to check with your local drugstore to find a brand that is stocked locally. Amazon runs out of  test strips for my glucometer.

Many posts will come up if you search Messages for glucometer.
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/search?q=Glucometer

--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator