Re: suggestions in getting insulin down

Sherry Morse

Hi Vicky,

The first thing that jumps out at me is that he's being more hay than he should be for his weight.  For an ideal weight of 975 you should be feeding 19.5 pounds per day total including hay and Stabul 1.  So it may not seem like much, but that .5 to 5.5 pound over what he needs per day could be effecting him.  He might also benefit from a trial of metformin if you haven't tried it before (given how detailed your case history is I would think you have not).  Having said that I'm not sure if there's a relation between the EPM and a rise in insulin but I could see that happening.  Hopefully Dr. Kellon will be able to speak more to that.