Re: 2 months after initial laminitis episode

W.phyllis60@...

Hi Sherry,
Using the weight calculator I came up with 1251 as her weight. Currently I suspect her body score is somewhere between 5 and 6, probably closer to 6.
i have been putting her out on the sand arena for the last couple days. She is out for about 3 hours a day while my horse is on pasture. She seems fine when walking in a straight line but occasionally (not always) seems to favor the right front when she turns. And you were right, she does a little bucking and then mostly walks around. Do you think it’s ok for me to continue letting her out?
Thanks!
--
Phyllis W in OH 2020
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Phyllis%20and%20Patches