Re: Insulin Testing

Sherry Morse

Hi Kelli,

I would suggest contacting Chaffe hay's manufacturer directly and ask them for the guaranteed analysis including ESC and starch numbers so you know if it's safe to feed to your guy.

As far as the mini-melt tabs.  They are not necessarily the best form of pergolide.  We've had a few members use them with varying levels of success.  Most members prefer to use the capsules which can either be dissolved in water and syringed or put into a treat and fed directly to the horse.  If you're counting on putting the medication into grain and it being eaten there is always a chance that not all of it is going into the horse.