Re: advice for long time PPID mare with chronic laminitis

Candice Piraino

Hi Karla!

would you be able to complete a Case History for your mare so we can provide more custom advice for you?

I also agree with Sherry about increasing the pergolide. It might be beneficial for you to reach out to your vet's office and tell them you are in dire need of increasing your mare's medication for her health and longevity. Sometimes explaining a little bit to the office staff can get you closer to your vet.

Is your mare off her supplements and hay, just hay, or just supplements? I know watching your horse refuse to eat is very disconcerting, especially if they are hard keepers and senior!

Have you had a dental exam done on your mare recently?
--

Candice

Primary Response Team

September 2018, Summerfield, FL