Re: Prascend and coat growth

Tracy

This is all interesting.  Salsa has been on Prascend now for a year.
I have pix of him darn close to one year to the date in my photo link below.  He looks better this year in September - but I think not 'optimal'.
He has always started a winter coat very early (had him since he was 8).  I posted about symptoms vs bloodwork recently b/c even though ACTH early this month from Cornell was at an acceptable level (especially for around the height of the rise) - I've noticed certain symptoms at predictable times last year and this year (July and September to be exact).
Next year I'm going to increase the Prascend before mid July for the rise and see if he is less "footy" in July and then in September avoids a week or so of increased thirst/urination and a delay of that winter coat coming in.

Salsa may fit in "lab range normal" - but I don't think he is "optimal".  Those are two different things.

--
Tracy and Salsa (1999 model year Paso Fino)
Middle TN USA, September 2019