Winter Laminitis and prevention

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi all,

I will preface this by saying I am a little paranoid because I never want Vinnie to have to go through whst he endured the last 18 months. So I may sound a little crazy but I am going to ask.... I have been reading about booting/leg covers to prevent winter laminitis due to temperature.  We are in Northern Cal, and we have been in the high 70' s during the day and then dropping to just above 40 at night. Vinnie is in a box stall with padded shavings and has access to a 24x24 paddock.. would it be premature to boot and put leg covers on now?  Considering all we have been through am I being overly unnecessarily cautious? Is there any harm booting and using back on track quick wraps as shipping like boots to keep legs and feet warm?

Thx Nancy
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca