Re: New member in New Mexico ..... basic help/questions - thank you!

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Sharon,

We'll look forward to your history but from the information so far the radiographs are more consistent with an overlying long toe and somewhat underrun hoof than with laminitis but can't rule it out. Nerve blocks would tell you more and photos would help us. Was she sound on all surfaces and inclines previously?

Antech's insulins tend to run much lower than other labs. I would consider repeating that and the TRH stimulation and sending to Cornell. The TRH stimulation shouldn't be done that early in November because we don't have seasonally adjusted normal but with a response that high it is probably a true positive.