Ashwangandha uses Dr K?

Tracy

Hoping Dr K sees this - on the post about Relevante's possible hay belly Ashwangandha came up and you mentioned it's unique - having an ability to calm.
I am getting Salsa back out on the trails and he sure is nervous (!!!).

How can we consider using Ashwangandha in our horses?  Especially IR/PPID horses.  Any contraindications?

**My doctor has me using Ashwangandha in the evenings for my slightly high night time cortisol - so I am fairly familiar with it for humans.  I respect some herbs have medicinal qualities.

Tracy
--
Tracy and Salsa (1999 model year Paso Fino)
Middle TN USA, September 2019