Re: River - Laminitis/Founder

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Edited

Hi Lisa,

I noticed that the latest rads have been posted:

Agree, there's definitely room for improvement in the rad technique. Check out this link for some suggestions for getting rads done:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/1571

Maybe some of those points will help when you are working with the vet.

What does show up is that the sole depth is barely adequate, heels are underrun, toes are definitely way ahead of where they need to be. There's high ringbone on both, slight amount of bony column rotation on the RF.

Without a full set of actual hoof photos, I can only make a few general suggestions for the trim: definitely back the toes up so they are horizontally shorter but don't touch anything on the sole/bottom in the remainder of the foot.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR