Re: Metformin causing disinterest in food

Amadadelsol@...

Mara,
That was only one of the factors that made me take my mare off Metformin. She is also on Prascend which I feel negatively affects her appetite as well. Other side effects I noticed were: effectiveness decreased, she acted like a zombie and took no interest in anything, and despite a tight regimen of rinsing and wiping mouth, she developed ulcers. At the end we were syringing it in 3 times a day. I felt her quality of life had suffered beyond the slight benefits of the drug. She's back to her old self now.

~Pat
Patricia Fay Equine Bemer
802/310-2378

--