Re: Frog and hoof question

Trisha DePietro

Hi Heather. As far as the soles.. if its crumbling, the hoof is starting to give it up and I just let nature remove it. I leave it to exfoliate on its own. Sometimes, I have noticed on my own horses frogs, do grow like a little tab of frog that extends past where it is attached. Not sure if this is what you are seeing or not. In my experience of trimming my own horses, I do bring it back to where it is attached. I don't have to do this all the time, just occassionally. There are times that the whole hoof distorts and migrates forward...do you see migration forward in other hoof structures where the frog looks stretched? Hope this helps.
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018