Re: EMERGENCY

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Edited

Anne,

I totally understand the fear of letting go of bute - as we all do - but the reality of it is that it doesn't do much for the pain and it may well make things worse. It certainly has dire side effect aside from the laminitis. No drug in this class should be used for more than 7 to 10 days.  The alternative, which works at least as well if not better and without the side effects - is Phyto-Quench pellets https://uckele.com/phyto-quench-pellet.html . [Get a 5% discount with coupon ECIR.]

  You should have received a list of hoof care professionals privately. If you didn't, let us know.