Re: Digestive upset from metformin was Re: Increased Insulin/Nuzu Stabul One/Metformin

Cindy Giovanetti

Mine nearly colicked or may have colicked the first day on Metformin.  I started over and titrated him up.  Things were fine for maybe six months.  Then he just quit eating, picking through his food, leaving depressed.  (This is a horse with a huge appetite!)

I took him off all supplements, and added each back in one by one, including titrating the Metformin.  Everything was fine until about a month later, he went off his food again.

I took him off all supplements and added each back in one by one (again), this time without adding the Metformin back in.

He’s never missed a meal since.  I don’t know what that means.  Unfortunately, I was not able to have his blood tested during all that.

Cindy

--
Cindy, Oden, and Eeyore, North Texas
On ECIR protocol since 2/19