Re: Mild laminitis after dental

Joy V

It might LJ, but he does have pretty severe TMJ (and possible THO - I can't afford the ultrasound & hauling to/from the hospital for definitive dx right now) so his jaw is most likely sore from the speculum.  I did email my vet again with an update and to get his take.  I will ask him about that possibility, although because he did the float he may not think there is an issue.

He looked more improved this evening, and while I was there, did a run down his paddock with a half buck for good measure.  I think it's along the lines of what Bobbie said about it taking a week for them to recover from it.  I notice each year, it takes him longer to bounce back.

--
Joy and Willie (PPID/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019