Metformin before Invokana?

Nancy Kitchen

There is a possibility that I will have a second horse that will need either Metformin or Invokana to lower insulin.  I am awaiting blood results;  He is PPID/IR and we had it under control with diet,  but his mincing steps on hard ground made me suspect so vet drew bloods.  I believe Tucky's ch is uploaded correctly.
My question is, if we decide to try medication to control insulin, do we need to use Metformin first?  Or could we start with the Invokana first?  I can't seem to find the answer in the search.
Thank you
--
Nancy K
Smoke and Tucky