Re: WAS: Metabolic test results back; seeking interpretation of results. / NOW: Kandace - to soak or not to soak hay

Nancy C

Hi Kandace

I'd like to add my experience with high insulin and longevity.

Beau's was never controlled and in later years was 50-100 uIU.  Kept his ACTH in the teens.  Worked to reverse his tissue iron overload. Squeaky tight trim.  He was always on the verge of another potential event with insulin this high but we were on alert and adjusted when needed.   Nevertheless, he was able to work on the ground for all but the last years, with a bit of riding.

I get it that soaking hay is not fun.

Wanted you to know what can be possible.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA