Re: WAS: Metabolic test results back; seeking interpretation of results. / NOW: Kandace - to soak or not to soak hay

Lorna Cane

P.S.  Kandace......about beet pulp...have you tried soy hull pellets?
Just add water to moisten, or make soppy, whichever horse prefers.
No rinsing. Add supplements. Others may disagree,but I've never had a horse refuse these.

If supplements are a problem, start back at no supplements.Then start adding back in,teeny,tiny bits at a time. Allow several days from one increase to the next ( I do this ,anyway).
It's time consuming , and everso tedious. But usually it works ( until it doesn't).
And the minerals are going down.

--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario