Re: NEW MEMBER - urgent advice needed for IR pony in constant pain

jenny.comish@...

Thanks Eleanor and Kirsten. He is now on the Forage Plus Laminae Plus balancer and also jiaogulan (2g per day). He is also on a herbal Devil’s Claw, meadowsweet and white poplar bark liquid supplement to see if it helps at all with his pain levels and I will begin weaning him off the Danilon.  I will update my case history. He also had his feet trimmed again a couple of days ago so I have some more photos to add to my photo album.

I’ve gone onto Forage Plus’s website and have paid for nutritional hay analysis. I was wondering if I ought to order 2 tests so I can soak some hay for one hour and dry it and then get that tested too just to see what the results are after an hour’s soak?

I am planning on changing my vet to someone cheaper (but who seems a lot more interested in Dewi’s problems), so that will help a bit with affording more x-rays. Should I be considering Invokana, and if so, would you mind sharing the information about it for me to send to my vet if I give you my email address?

When you say about boots adjusted to best beak over, do you mean rasping the actual boots?

Thanks very much.

Jenny

--
Jenny Comish