Re: Feed XL

Maxine McArthur

Hi Cari
There has been some discussion of FeedXL in previous messages if you do a search. It doesn't take into account a few of the ratios we like to include, but if you upload your own hay results it can be useful to check the hay analysis against locally available feeds. Personally I just use it as a feeds database.
If you have a hay analysis, you would likely get a better balanced diet by contacting one of the people who do balancing, in our Files. They know what elements to take into consideration for our compromised horses. HAY BALANCING (groups.io)
Or, best of all, you could take Dr Kellon's "NRC Plus" online course and learn how (and why) to balance the diet yourself. That course was the best money I ever spent on my horses!

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response