Re: Flax and iron ?

High iron was not been confirmed by my analysis of stabilized ground flax. Iron was only 48 ppm as fed, 52 ppm as DM.
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/9c%20Analyses%20of%20Various%20Feeds/Triple%20Crown%20Products/Triple%20Crown%20Flax%202017-06-20.pdf
That was only one bag, so it doesn't mean much.

Iron content of linseed meal shown at Equi-Analytical is considerably higher, with a large range from 0 to 777.8 ppm as Dry Matter. The average is 286.5 ppm iron as DM. So if you feed 100 grams, you add..... only 28.65 mg of iron. That is a small fraction compared to the 980 mg of iron in 18 pounds of my hay.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator