Re: Bloodwork, PPID, EMS Invokana and Pergolide

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi Kristen, thanks for the response.  He was much worse in a boot because of heel rubs.on the left. So I don't think that is it.

I definitely think it is metabolic response, I am just trying to understand the bw numbers in context to physical symptoms.

My farrier agrees it is not mechanical in the sense that adjusting breakover etc would not have made a difference.

He is sore on hard ground, not as much on soft.. LF is better than RF

We didn't rule out collections but he has moderate pulses (including the hinds which is not been usual for him)  which implies not circulatory or mechanical and more metabolic laminitis.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer