Re: Jherb and pulses question

Trisha DePietro

Hi Nancy.  Unless an herb has the ability to bind  or block  receptor cells located in the heart muscle, conduction system or rate system of  the heart,  it  would not be able to affect a pulse felt in an extremity.    The pulse is a product of  heart function and is actually a "wave" that is generated by the bloodflow coming out of the heart and traveling down the various arteries, in a very high pressure system. I am not sure of exactly how Jherb works. But I would agree with Cass, the pulse is coming from a problem with in the hoof...ie abscess, etc.  Also, I am sure you know this, but just in case, make sure your own thumb is not used when feeling for a pulse....you will feel your own pulse and think its the horses pulse! :)
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018