Re: Candy Update: Invokana on board Questions and Concerns re. symptoms and diet

Nancy,
We're deep in the weeds, and we're heading OT for this thread. Further details, assuming I can answer your questions, belong in the Horsekeeping subgroup.

Total nitrogen is what is actually measured at a forage lab that reports Crude Protein. Total protein includes both true protein (organic compounds containing amino acids) and non-protein nitrogen, such as nitrates.  So Crude Protein is only an indirect calculation of actual protein in the hay. Total Nitrogen doesn't tell us anything about how much of the total nitrogen is from nitrates. A separate test is required to detect nitrates within certain ranges.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator