Devil's Claw dose -- divided or once daily?

Hi group,

My horse is overcoming acute laminitis and is weaning off oral flunixin.  My Devil's Claw arrived today (400mg capsules, Amazon).  Dr Kellon mentioned dose of Dev Claw is 2g-2.5g but is that a divided dose, or given once daily?  Any contraindications (can be mixed into meals, etc).  If there's a file on pain management et al, pls point me that way.  I'm working on my gelding's CH but have sporadic access to my desktop due to split residences at the moment.  Many thanks,

Kerry in NY
Sept 2014