New member looking for advice on baseline bloodwork #photo-notice #file-notice

Alice

Hi,
I am pretty sure that my mule is IR just based on my past experiences with IR in other mules and her physical characteristics.  Just wondering if it would be wise to do some diagnostic bloodwork just to confirm and establish a baseline BEFORE we have an episode. If so, what test do you recommend? Also, what type of hay testing do you recommend? I have uploaded my case history and photos. Also wondering about any other management changes I should make... e.g. mineral supplement, treats, and grain.
I had another mule that did have IR...we didn't find out until it was too late. We did take precautions and had her for 17 yrs before we eventually lost her to acute laminitis. Trying to prevent that from happening to this one.

Thanks so much for your group!!
--
Alice A
March 2021, Custer, SD