locked Re: Equi-analytical 604 analysis on Timothy Balanced Cubes and Amino Trace +

kguest@...

Hi Sandra,

Because you are in BC I'll share something that may also be a factor, and that could also be influencing tight balancing for your horse: manganese. Apparently BC hay is very high in manganese (as a result of Mt St Helen eruption). I know that in my field, manganese is much higher than iron. If your hay is not balanced to this it will impact uptake of copper and zinc and may therefore be a piece of the puzzle you're trying to figure out in relation to your horse that could seem like an iron issue (since they interfere with balancing in similar ways).
--

Kristen and Jasper, Prince George BC
December 2016