Re: Free feeding tested hay

Hi, Pat.

I have an ulcer-prone horse. My vet said he could spot it when he came to scope her. I wish I’d skipped the scoping and followed this excellent suggestion: “ Another option mentioned in previous posts is to try a few days of GastroGuard or Ulcerguard to see if her condition improves; if yes, then she likely does have ulcers that would benefit from the full treatment.”

I saw results and improvements that were NOT just wishful thinking within 4 days of starting treatment.
My ulcer-prone horse has had a second episode. I skipped the scope and treated her.

Thought I’d mention the trial treatment option. I can’t give my horse meds by syringe, but I found an oral omelrazole option that worked for us.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator