question about insulin/glucose testing

nikkibob1994@...

Hey all!
I want to do a group of tests that would show me insulin and glucose levels at a series of check points. Just not sure how to time them. The working theory is that feeding hay prior to and right after being on pasture in the AM could potentially slow down the glucose absorption and and thereby slow down or lower the insulin spike. I plan to start with a baseline insulin/glucose, but am having a hard time finding out how long it takes for hay to move through the stomach and into the small intestine where glucose uptake happens and therefore insulin release.  Any thoughts on this? I would like to run 3 sets of tests. The baseline, then after hay has begun digestion, then potentially a thrid after grass digestion has started.
Thanks!
--
Nikkibob
Wisconsin, Sept 2018