Re: Acute laminitis

Jessi-ra,
I would not feed the WellSolve-WC to a horse with laminitis. The first ingredient listed is alfalfa which is NOT recommended for IR horses. Since your horse has Laminitis it is safest at this point to feed him/her the diet safest for an IR horse. The emergency diet is your best first step.

I found that ANY alfalfa in my IR horse's diet would trigger foot soreness and increased pulses. A lot of our local "grass" hay comes from fields that have some alfalfa growing in it, and even a small amount (hard to see) was too much for him.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album Deceased