Re: Shelf life of compounded pergolide from Wedgewood?

Cathy,
You're right. ECIR has always recommended getting a 30 day supply, freshly compounded, and stored in the refrigerator.

I also use Pet Health. I admit that I've been getting a 90 day supply at one time. The reason is simple: it was so hot last summer and fall that I decided I would pay for priority overnight shipping for a 3 month supply in good weather to avoid the monthly risk of my pergolide getting stuck in a shipping facility between Arizona and California or in my mailbox when it was +100℉. If my pergolide deteriorates over 90 days, ACTH testing of my horse doesn't reflect it. I do run labs frequently, so this works for me. It also requires that I manage shipping to avoid heat spells.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator