Re: Lavinia added picture

Maxine McArthur

Bobbie, forgot to add that to soak feet, I just use large ziplock plastic bags doubled or tripled, then a piece of bailing twine tied with a slip knot around the fetlock. A yummy feed helps the horse to stand still for 10-15 minutes. You don't need the soaking liquid to come all the way to the top of the hoof. I also put a flat piece of cotton wool in the bottom of the back as this saturates and helps hold the soaking solution in the crevices of the hoof. It's best to scrub the hoof quickly beforehand so that it's clean otherwise soaks aren't as effective.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response