Re: ECIR Group 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference -- Registration is Open!!

Good.For.You. It’s so much work! I can’t thank you and everyone on the team enough.

Cass

On May 18, 2021, at 7:32 AM, Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

I know you can't see me, but I am dancing...

Bridging Research and Real Life

Across the World
When: The weekend of August 13 - 15, 2021.

Where: ECIR Virtual Conference Room at the location of your choice.

Speakers:

  • Eleanor M. Kellon, VMD
  • Robert M. Bowker, VMD, PhD
  • Kathleen Gustafson, PhD
  • Elaine Norton,  DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM-LA
  • Shannon Pratt-Phillips, MS, PhD, PAS
  • Paige Poss, APF, Anatomy of the Equine, LLC
  • Pete Ramey, PHCP Practitioner/Clinician

Attendees:     Any professional or owner who has one or more horses in their care.

Ticket Pricing:

  • Full Lecture Admission $280
  • Early-bird (Registration prior to 07.30.21) $250
  • Virtual Group Early Bird (2+ at one dedicated Zoom link) $500
  • Veterinary Professional Early Bird $250
  • Qualified Veterinary students $175
Conference Topics:

  • EMS – What It's Not.
  • Protein and Iron — Their Affect in EMS and PPID Horses.
  • Pros and Cons of Forage Analysis and Targeted Supplementation.
  • The Effect of Exercise on Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Sensitivity in the Horse.
  • Strategies for Using Exercise as Part of Dietary Management for Overweight and/or Insulin Resistant Horses.
  • Common EMS and PPID Pharmaceuticals.
  • Emerging EMS and PPID Pharmaceuticals.
  • The Genetics of EMS.
  • The Impact of Genetics on Height and Insulin Dysregulation in Welsh Ponies.
  • Take it with a Grain of Salt – Navigating Nutritional Fact and Fiction.
  • Reading the Foot – Thinking Vertically.
  • Reversing Hoof Capsule Rotation and Distal Descent.
  • Looking Internally at Distal Descent and Rotation in the Hoof.
  • Estimating Palmar Angle when Looking at the Hoof.
  • What is a Normal Foot? Questions Need to be Asked.
  • Trimming Practices Can Encourage Decline in Overall Foot Health.
  • Winter Laminitis: Why the normal trim can make an episode worse.
  • How Trimming Can Improve Foot Structure and Function.
Recordings will be available to all attendees for six months post conference at a private Zoom Link.

For those of you encouraging your veterinary and hoof care professionals to attend:
This program has been approved for 18 hours of Veterinary continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. https://www.aavsb.org/

This event has been approved for 20.5 International Association of Professional Farriers (IAPF) Continuing Education Credits. For more information visit their website - www.ProfessionalFarriers.com

Progressive Hoof Care Practitioners (PHCP) has approved 20 Elective or CE credits for members attending the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference. https://progressivehoofcare.org/

Please note: This is a live event that will require attendance for CE credits.

We are very happy to announce our growing list of Benefactors, who strongly support the needs of the ECIR Group members. Many of these folks will be available in break out sessions on Friday and Saturday afternoons. You can access their links and see them listed anytime on our two websites.  https://www.nolaminitis.org/benefactors.php

DIAMOND BENEFACTORS
California Trace
Soft-Ride Equine Comfort Boots
Auburn Laboratories, Inc. - APF
ForagePlus
Uckele
Mad Barn
Custom Equine Nutrition - VT Blend
HorseTech

PLATINUM BENEFACTORS
Black Horse Spirit, LLC
Progressive Hoof Care Practitioners

GOLD BENEFACTORS
Anderson Feed - NuZu Feed
Omega Fields
Equi-Analytical
My Best Horse
Hay Chix
Island Pharmacy
Beet-E-Bites
Triple Crown
Pure Sole

SILVER BENEFACTORS
Sox for Horses

BRONZE BENEFACTORS
New England Equine Balance
Yank Gulch Equine
Great Plains Forage Balance
Ration Plus

Lots more work to do and only 87 days to go!!!  (Breathing deeply. Trying not to hyperventilate. Still dancing.)

On behalf of your hosts,
Cindy McGinley and Sherry Morse,
and
the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference Committee.

--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 13-15, ECIR Virtual Conference Room

--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator