Re: Colic and other side effects from pergolide?

Angelika Busi

Hi Karen,
My Arabian mare was diagnosed with Cushings when she was 17 years old. For many years a low amount of pergolide was sufficient until she started several years ago to lose weight and her ACTH numbers showed changes. That required an increase of pergolide, but after a dosage of 5 mg my old vet refused to prescribe more. Thanks to the feedback and support of this group I changed my vet. Qiqi is now on 27 mg of compounded pergolide, looks amazing for her age and is full of energy. Last month we celebrated her 34th birthday.
And no, she never showed any adverse side effects to this medication.

Angelika and Qiqi & Apollo

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angelika%20and%20Qiqi%20-%20Apollo/Quqi

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angelika%20and%20Qiqi%20-%20Apollo/Apollo

NE Illinois