Re: Need help interpreting bloodwork and hay tests #file-notice

Laura and Ero

Both hay tests are wet chem (trainer packages 603). I continue to get mixed feedback on soaking hay. Several say it's intended for emergency only and if he's stable, should NOT be soaking if starch is below 4 and overall hay is below 10. Others say if he's risky (which he has been, especially given low work levels due to endless injuries) .. then continue soaking. I've really tried to dial in his diet and weight since January, but he looks gaunt to me whereas he used to look much more regal.

As for NPA, oofff! I feel we've made progress on his fronts. But the hinds have always been a challenge. Coupled with SI issues -- no one is sure which is the cause and which is the effect. But working more is hard if he's physically not comfortable. Our focus is correct movement (not extension) and relaxation. He was previously pushed too hard/fast by a dressage trainer. Learning the hard way. :(

--
Laura and Ero

October 2020 | Colgate, WI USA

Ero Case History