Re: best time to test acth and insulin

vicky monen

HI,

Seasonal rise is considered what months exactly? Aug through Dec?

and how long after a dose increase should I recheck ACTH?

He is currently showing no symptoms, but obviously I need to test to make sure.  Also he never had high ACTH, only symptoms that suggested early cushings.  I usually have to go by symptoms since ACTH is always normal. Any other suggestions for dosage increase for these early cushings horses that test normal?  Currently the only cushings symptoms he is showing is long guard hairs and his coat grew in thick and fast after clipping in March 2021.  Otherwise he is looking great on the current dosage.

Thanks so much,
--
Vicky Monen and Samson

Aug 2015, Alpharetta Ga.