Re: Bullitt - Body condition and Hoof Questions

Sherry Morse

Hi Sarah,

I'm not sure how your farrier manages trimming the minis but ours finds it easier on him if we put a thick saddle pad down on the ground so he can kneel on that while he does their feet.  It still takes him a bit of maneuvering but I think that helps with the issues that Lavinia mentioned because it gives him a fighting chance of being able to get them done all the way around.

I also agree with the weight assessment - for a 10 hand mini I'd think closer to 350 for an ideal but it's a bit of eyeballing as well so I'd want to see him a little thinner than he is right now but not super skinny.