Safety of Equident mushroom supplement for IR/Cushing's horse?

coffincomplex@...

Buster has some gum issues (he is 30 and has some feed packing between his teeth) ,and looks like he may be developing EORTH. I will go over these issues with his vet dentist soon, but wanted to get some feedback on the safety of mushroom supplements like Equident for horses with IR or Cushing's, as some people have reported success with it for their horse's mouth issues. There is some oat to it, as I believe that's what the mushrooms grow on. The dose is 10 grams per day. The ingredients are below. Any feedback is appreciated!!

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Certified Organic Mushroom Powder Proprietary Blend:
Organic Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
mycelial biomass & fruit body, Organic Reishi
(Ganoderma lucidum) mycelial biomass &
fruit body, Organic Antrodia (Antrodia
camphorata) mycelial biomass and Organic
King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii) mycelial
biomass & fruit body.
Other Ingredients: Organic Myceliated Oats.
Inactive Ingredients: None.
--
Alanna
May 2018