From: main@ECIR.groups.io <main@ECIR.groups.io> on behalf of Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 4:07:20 PM
To: main@ECIR.groups.io <main@ECIR.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ECIR] Dr Kellon- insulin results back from Rio and it’s up again!!

Vitamin E, ALCar, PSSM, amino acids have nothing to do with this. Her insulin is likely up because of less exercise but it's not high enough to be an acute laminitis risk.  Many owners would do anything for an insulin that low. You need to get that lameness exam so you can figure out how to get her back exercising again. Walking her is fine. If she has gained weight back to her ideal weight you can restrict her hay to 2%.

Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa

Storm

Case History