Re: Purina Integrity SuperFibra

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Mary Ann,

Dr Kellon commented on Rosie's bloodwork in another message thread about high glucose.  I thought you should see what she had to say about Rosie's very low insulin and elevated glucose, which all 3 of Rosie's blood tests have shown (ie, this is not a lab error).

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/266612

Her insulin might never be elevated again because of damage to her pancreas, so it's unlikely she will get laminitis.  But if she is in pancreatic failure, the situation is very serious and worth having a second veterinary opinion on.  If your vet is not open to Dr Kellon's advise, then I'd advise searching out another veterinarian that has extensive experience with metabolic conditions in horses.

--
Kirsten - Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History