Re: Fergus Case File Added

Sherry Morse

All good on the photo link front now!

As far as the Standee pellets - you'll be interested in reading this message about their guaranteed analysis: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/258721

Do you double net the hay when Fergus is fed as well as using slow feed nets?  That would slow him down a bit.  I also would still like to see him eating a bit more so he's not in starvation mode but I totally understand boarding and hay only happening at set times during the day.

If you can get the hay tested (again, I know this can be difficult in a boarding situation since I live there as well) you can balance the Mg directly to what he needs.  Otherwise, we recommend 1.5g per 500lbs bodyweight as a supplement.  You can read more about that here: https://www.ecirhorse.org/DDT+E-diet.php. For a good probiotic that's IR friendly a lot of people have had success with Absorb-All (https://uckele.com/absorb-all-4.html) and if you use code ECIR there's a discount for ECIR members.