Re: Having difficulty controlling IR in pony

Candice Piraino

HI Julia,

I know it must be very frustrating for you!

So I have had great luck, as well as numerous clients of mine, with the ThinLine Muzzle. This muzzle comes in different sizes and my clients who have them have donkeys, ponies and horses that wear it with great success. It is a little pricey, but well worth the money. It always for more airflow, but does restrict grazing. No, I do not receive any compensation for the product, but just have had vast experience in many different types of muzzles.

Also, it will be in your horse's best interest if they have no access to grass at all- if that is an option for you. If you are in a boarding circumstance, this can be difficult. If your horses are in your backyard, then I highly recommend you look into a track system. It's fabulous and has many benefits! It can be as small or large as you like, and be extravagant as your imagination can come up with. I have been successful rehabbing not only my own metabolic herd, but clients' horses on the track system I created on my farm. It is the best investment I have made hands down.
--

Candice Piraino

Primary Response Team

September 2018, Summerfield, FL