Re: Bullitt - Body condition and Hoof Questions

Kirsten Rasmussen

I believe you also want to cut your hay before seed heads emerge, or after they drop (although that will leave you mostly with straw and it will not have much nutrition or digestibility), but not while they are on the plant.  I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong...  There is information on that if you search past messages about when to cut hay in terms of maturity, weather,  time of day etc.

Dr Kellon's NRC Plus course is excellent.  It will give you the knowledge and confidence to balance your own hay for years to come.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History