Does a low carb, low sugar diet help with relaxation

Jennifer Green

Here’s my nightly question. Ever since I started soaking Ferg’s hay, I’ve noticed he’s been less tense and less reactive under saddle. He seems generally less edgy. He’s a pony with a LOT of go and he can go and go, so I have to admit, I’m kind of enjoying where we’re at these days. It’s like all the power without the chaos. He’s still has lots of energy, but its much more easily managed. Others have noticed this change too. So my questions are 1) am I am imagining this 2)if I test his hay and it turns out it doesn’t need to be soaked after all, will he go back to the way he was; could the sugar have been hyping him up like it does with some kids?

Thanks!!

--
J.Green
MA, USA