Re: Dr Kellon - Riosa Tying Up Episode and Treatment help

jmc

This rather sounds like a PSSM attack, some horses seem to be affected by cold (like mine), some by heat.

My horse rarely has full on tying up episodes, but will slowly get stiffer if not exercised, and will eventually get painful enough to stop eating, his attacks look like colic.

My horse's treatment is Banamine to ease the immediate pain, and methocarbamol to relax the muscles. I give methocarbamol prophylactically as well, when necessary.

He is also IR and PPID; FWIW treating for ppid also helped his PSSM2 symptoms.
--
Jodi
June 2018

Yankee Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jodi%20and%20Yankee