Re: Increase in pracend formally rise

Hi Tara,
The recommendation is actually to increase the pergolide before the rise.  Increasing it during the rise might not be as effective.  A lot of ask the same question about how much extra to add for the rise.  My horse, Logo, was not very sensitive to pergolide so I had to increase his dose by a fair amount each time.  I’m not sure how to interpret the TRH Stim test of a horse already on pergolide.  You pretty much have to go with your gut.  My gut would suggest that I increase by 1 mg and see how he does.  Does your vet insist on your using Prascend or will compounded pergolide be considered?
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo