Re: Conflicting information on peripheral loading

Maxine McArthur

Hi Anna
Following up on Kirsten’s comment, I would add that I think it’s important to ask your horse about whatever ‘method’ you use. Not just her soundness level, but her stance, her demeanour, whatever her particular ‘happiness meter’ shows. Is she improving even if slowly, or is she seeming less comfortable as time passes? You know her best. If the horse says one thing and the human expert says the opposite, the human is wrong.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response