Re: Plain beet pulp

celestinefarm

If anyone is really interested in how sugar beets are grown , harvested , and the sugar extracted, leaving the beet "pulp" that we feed to our horses, this link to the Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative is an excellent site. Lots of reading as they take you step by step with photos to end product. Michigan is also a very active sugar beet growing state, and if you are driving by the fields in mid michigan in the fall, it is amazing to see the line of trucks bring huge piles of what looks like funny shaped potatoes out of the fields.
Sugar Process - Intro (smbsc.com)

--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003