Re: Hoof abscesses in front hooves

Rhonda Turley

Titrating up, what exactly does this mean and how much do I increase his Prascend dose?  Currently he receives 1 mg/day (1 whole pill).

Scooter has been on 1 mg Prascend since late April 2020.  Until this episode of abscesses he has been in advanced level dressage training and was doing exceedingly well to the point I thought he would be able to compete in September. I am wondering if there is a correlation between the rise or not but my instincts tell me there is so that is why I contact ECIR to sort this out.  That being said, yesterday he was completely sound and happily bucked and played around the indoor.  Normally he lives outside 24/7 but I asked that the barn to keep him inside at night starting last Friday.  This was the only change in his routine. I will take some pictures on the same day, of his hooves. Thanks for your help!!
--
Rhonda Turley
Brampton, Ontario