Testing

Chris Hanson

Hello,
Im still working on the background info for my 20 year old Arabian Woodstock (Woody).
My vet took fasted samples today (though I requested the samples be taken after feeding as Dr. Kellon’s remarks in the intro outline).
The samples are refrigerated currently on their way to Davis for testing.

Are today’s samples worthless for testing glucose, insulin and leptin?
Is this fasted sample OK for testing ACTH?
Woody eats soaked hay along with the Timothy balance cubes and rinsed beet pulp. What minerals and vitamins should he be tested for assuming a fasted sample won’t affect these levels?

I’ve been trying to get this info through last minute research while my vet drives but failing a bit.
thank you,
Chris Hanson
--
Chris H in CA 2021